- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Total Time
- 1 package Rossdown Farms ground turkey
- 1 796 mL (about 27oz) can no salt added diced tomatoes
- 1 56mL can (about 5oz) tomato paste
- 400g (about 14oz) cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 large pepper chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 540mL (about 20 oz) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp hot chili powder (or a tablespoon of mild chili powder)
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp dried marjoram
- 1 tsp sea salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup
- Extra virgin olive oil as need (about 1/2 cup)
- In a large pan over medium heat, sautée the chopped onion and pepper with a couple tablespoons of olive oil until they start to soften (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add the sliced mushrooms and minced garlic (as well as some more olive oil if needed) and continue sautéing until cooked (about 2-3 minutes).
- Take the pan off the burner and set it aside.
- In a large pot over medium heat, brown the ground turkey with a couple tablespoons of olive oil (about 5 minutes). *Note: you will likely have to drain the excess moisture along the way and add in a bit more olive oil so that the turkey doesn’t stick to the bottom and begin to char.
- Mix in the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, chilli powder, paprika, cumin, and marjoram to the cooked turkey until well combined, and bring the heat down to a simmer.
- Stir in the beans, sautéed veggies, maple syrup, salt and pepper, cover the pot, and allow everything to simmer for about 10-20 more minutes, stirring occasionally along the way. *Note: if you notice it starting to get a little soupy, take the lid off and let it simmer uncovered for a bit to allow the excess moisture to reduce off. On the other hand, if you’re noticing that it’s feeling a little dry for your taste, add in small amounts of hot water until you achieve your desired consistency
- Once the chilli has simmered for a while, serve and enjoy with garnishes of choice (shown here with sliced avocado, plain Greek yoghurt, and chilli flakes).
Recipe Created By: Ellie Short – www.wholehappy.com
From Our Farm To Your Plate
When it comes to poultry farming and processing, Rossdown Farms does it all. So you never have to worry about quality.
Great Taste Is Just Around The Corner
Can’t wait to try one of our premium chicken or turkey products? With our unique store locator, you’re closer to quality than you think.