Leftover Turkey Pie
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Total Time
For the filling
- 1-1.5 cup roast turkey, cooked and shredded
- 1.5-2 cup leftover veggies (ex. roasted Brussel sprouts, roasted yam, sautéed onions, sautéed kale etc.)
- ¼ cup cranberry sauce
- ¼ cup gravy
For the crust
- 3 cups GF flour (e.g. almond, tapioca, and coconut)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup butter, chilled and cubed
- 1 free range egg
- 3 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for greasing
- 2 tbsp grainy mustard
1. In a large bowl, combine all the filling ingredients and set aside.
2. Preheat your oven to 350F, and grease an 8 or 9 inch pie dish
3. In a large bowl, combine the flour mix, sea salt, and xanthan gum
4. In a mixer (like a KitchenAid) with the whisk attachment , beat together the eggs and flour until well combined and crumbly.
5. Mix in the egg, followed by the olive oil and grainy mustard, until a ball forms.
6. Separate the dough ball into two equal parts, and using a rolling pin, roll out the base and top layers of your pie to about ¼ inch thickness. *
Tip: I like to roll them out between two pieces of parchment paper for ease of transfer to the pie dish.
Assembly and baking
1. Carefully transfer the base to the greased pie dish and gently press into the edges so that it’s smooth and even.
2. Bake for about 10 minutes until it starts to get slightly golden brown.
3. Remove from the oven, fill with the mixture and disperse evenly.
4. Carefully transfer the other dough layer over top of the pie dish and gently press into the edges of the dish so that it meets the bottom layer.
5. Trim where necessary, and poke a few holes throughout the top layer with a sharp knife so that the insides are able to breath as it bakes.
6. Place the pie back into the oven and bake for about 15 -20 minutes until golden brown.
7. Remove from the oven, an allow to sit for a few minutes before enjoying with more gravy and/or cranberry sauce!
Recipe Created by Ellie Short – www.wholehappy.com
From Our Farm To Your Plate
When it comes to poultry farming and processing, Rossdown Farms does it all. So you never have to worry about quality.
Great Taste Is Just Around The Corner
Can’t wait to try one of our premium chicken or turkey products? With our unique store locator, you’re closer to quality than you think.